The key difference between GHRP 2 and GHRP 6 is that GHRP 2 releases higher levels of growth hormones while GHRP 6 releases comparatively lesser levels of growth hormones when consumed.
GHRP 2 and GHRP 6 are two types of growth hormone that release peptides. To obtain the desired results, one has to consume them along with the muscle building and fat burning foods. They become more efficient with aerobic and intense strengthening exercises. Even though there are some similarities between these two hormones, this article focuses on the subtle difference between GHRP 2 and GHRP 6.
1. Overview and Key Difference
2. What is GHRP 2
3. What is GHRP 6
4. Similarities Between GHRP 2 and GHRP 6
5. Side by Side Comparison – GHRP 2 vs GHRP 6 in Tabular Form
What is GHRP 2?
GHRP 2 is a growth hormone releasing peptide. It is a synthetic peptide that acts directly on pituitary somatotrophs to stimulate growth hormone release. GHRP 2 has a shorter half-life compared to GHRP 6. Once administered, GHRP 2 peak occurs within 15 to 60 minutes. GHRP 2 improves the level of calcium in the body. Hence, this triggers the release of other growth hormones as well. Compared to GHRP 6, GHRP 2 is more potent in its function. Therefore, GHRP 2 is popular in treating catabolic deficiencies.
Figure 01: Growth Hormone
Once consumed with ghrelin, GHRP 2 stimulates the secretion of other growth hormones. It also increases food consumption. Increment in the release of growth hormones in the body occurs when GHRP 2 is obtained at regular intervals. Furthermore, GHRP 2 based supplements are anti-inflammatory. But its effectiveness depends on person to person since pituitary somatotrophs of an individual will respond differently to different receptors.
What is GHRP 6?
GHRP 6 is a synthetic growth hormone releasing hexapeptide that stimulates the pituitary gland to release growth hormones. The main function of GHRP 6 is to increase the release of growth hormone in the body similar to GHRP 2.
Figure 02: GHRP 6
Administration of GHRP 6 increases the absorption of nitrogen in the body. Hence, it facilitates the production of protein. Thus produced proteins will be used later for building muscle mass and burning excess fat in the body. GHRP 6 has a longer half-life than GHRP 2. The required dosage of GHRP 6 depends on individual requirement. A smaller dose is sufficient to improve joint health and as a sleep aid. But larger doses are necessary for professional bodybuilding.
What are the Similarities Between GHRP 2 and GHRP 6?
- Both are synthetic peptides.
- And, both act on the pituitary gland.
- They stimulate the pituitary gland to release growth hormones.
- Also, both are suitable for professional bodybuilding purposes.
- Furthermore, both hormones are more efficient with aerobic and intense strengthening exercises
What is the Difference Between GHRP 2 and GHRP 6?
GHRP 2 and GHRP 6 are peptides that stimulate the pituitary gland to release growth hormones. GHRP 2 releases higher quantities of growth hormones while GHRP 6 releases comparatively low amounts of growth hormones. So, this is the key difference between GHRP 2 and GHRP 6. Moreover, a further difference between GHRP 2 and GHRP 6 is that the GHRP 2 has a shorter half-life whilst GHRP 6 has a longer half-life.
Furthermore, a significant difference between GHRP 2 and GHRP 6 is their potency. GHRP 2 is more potent than GHRP 6. Besides, GHRP 6 builds the appetite and hunger substantially. But, GHRP 2 has a lower response in that regard.
The below infographic presents more information regarding the difference between GHRP 2 and GHRP 6.
Summary – GHRP 2 vs GHRP 6
GHRP 2 and GHRP 6 are two growth hormone-releasing peptides. They are used for professional bodybuilding purposes. Apart from that, both hormones have different functions. GHRP 2 is more potent than GHRP 6. The key difference between GHRP 2 and GHRP 6 lies in the amount of growth hormones released. GHRP 2 releases more growth hormone than GHRP 6. Furthermore, GHRP 2 peak occurs within 15 to 60 min once administered. Hence, it has a shorter half-life in comparison with GHRP 6. Significantly, GHRP 6 increases the absorption of nitrogen in the body and facilitates the production of protein.
1. Chen, C, et al. “Effect of Growth Hormone-Releasing Peptide-2 (GHRP-2) and GH-Releasing Hormone (GHRH) on the CAMP Levels and GH Release from Cultured Acromegalic Tumours.” Journal of Neuroendocrinology, U.S. National Library of Medicine, June 1998, Available here.
2. Csastarter. “GHRP6 – CSAACTIVE – Csaactive.com.au Australia.” Complete Supplements Australia Starter, 20 Mar. 2014, Available here.
1. “Protein GH1 PDB 1a22” By Emw – Own work (CC BY-SA 3.0) via Commons Wikimedia
2. “GHRP6” By pepzakaz.ru – Own work (CC BY-SA 3.0) via Commons Wikimedia